Sunday

White Teeth Scam: Everbrite

Everbrite, also advertised as Everbrite Smile, is the latest teeth whitening scam on the internet buyers should be aware of. Who does not want whiter teeth? But don't fall for those "free trials"! There are hidden costs with Everbrite. Read on..

Everbrite is another teeth whitening product using fake news sites and blogs to promote their products. As usual, they feature a "mom" who found that by using only "free trial samples" she was able to make her teeth whiter.

The problem is those "free samples" are not completely free. And what's more, is buyers are automatically signed up for a membership which sends them monthly shipments of more Everbrite. Often, buyers are not aware of this when they sign up for the sample.

The fine print for Everbrite has more. Here are the highlights..

Buyers trial period begins when they order, not when they receive their Everbrite..

Beginning on the day that you place an order for a product (“Product”) from the Website, Your ten (10) day *Trial period begins

Buyers Everbrite orders will be shipped 3-5 days after they order..

You will be shipped a thirty (30) day supply of the Product You ordered. Generally, Your Product is shipped 3 to 5 days after placing your order.

Which means the ten day trial may be up before the Everbrite arrives.

Buyers will be shipped more Everbrite each month and will be charged for the sample..


If you are satisfied with the Product and wish to continue to receive the Product on a monthly basis, you need do nothing else. Upon the expiration of the *Trial Period, Your credit card will be billed for the full cost of the Product that you ordered (i.e., a thirty day supply).

There is a charge for the Everbrite sample to cover shipping..

Upon signing up for the 10 day trial membership you will be charged up to $3.97 depending on various shipping

But then the full price kicks in and the recurring monthly charges..

If not cancelled, you will be charged $89.97 upon completion of the 10 day trial period. Monthly thereafter or 30 days from the original order date, the charge will reoccur monthly at a total of $89.97 until cancelled.

The cost of Everbrite is not completely revealed in the ad pages and the charges are significanly higher than claimed. Buyers are advised to read the fine print carefully before purchasing Everbrite or any other product online.

3 comments:

  1. I too have been a buyer that has been affected by this misguided ad. I have been charged monthly for $89.97 monthly charge of which in one month was charged twice. Of course, one of those charges was done on error soon to be reversed, almost a month later no return of the charges. Upon canceling my supposed subscription and returning the last shipment of product, I have been tracking the item returned and last was traced to the original location of which it was sent. The product when origninally sent only took three days to arrive to California from Florida. What can be done to this company promoting this product just to get to your credit card and charge to its heart content. Please help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I canceled my account thinking the trial period started when you receive the product.I have called several times to get the charges credited. Unfortunately customer service is terrible and one can't talk to billing. Very frustrating. Hoping this will be resolved. Wish I would have found this site before ordering the "free samples".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have fell for this Ad in March 2010. I had $89 taken out of my bank with no warning which made me overdrawn I was not happy so when I called the american number which was on my order confirmation I asked to cancel my subscription and she did send me an email which I had to fill out and email back and then I got a email as proof of cancellation. I have also changed my debit card since. It is a 10 day trial but in the T&C's it says they will deduct the shipping time off of the trial well thats a damn cheek as shipping was supposed to be 3-5 days well thats only a 5 day free trial but its now end of may and I have never received any product so I've been ripped off and have nothing to show for it. I am just glad I caught it before i got into bad debt as my bank wouldn't help me until I had cancelled the order which very luckily I did as I've heard that some people can't even get through to the number. All I can say is that I won't be buying anything else off the internet again. I feel so stupid.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated. Spam comments are deleted. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment.